The primary benefit of home help and personal care is to provide a sense of security and peace of mind to both the elderlies and their families knowing that there is someone whom they can rely on to ensure the safety of the elderly when necessary.
Other benefits include:
- Relief for primary caregivers.
- Ease on the mental burden for elderlies who may feel they put pressure on their loved ones.
- Regular socialization for elderlies which is crucial for their mental and cardiovascular health.
- Cognitive stimulation for the elderlies through games and conversations help delay effects of dementia.
- Reduction of feelings of loneliness and depression.
- Better sleep habits from regular light exercise or physical activity.
- Elderlies maintain familiarity and comfort.
- At present, ageing in place is the safest and healthiest choice.
Home help and personal care assistance is key to an improved quality of life for elderlies, promoting their independence and dignity by ageing in place.